General rental conditions
Renting a bicycle is subject to the rental conditions as drawn up by the Bovag (version July-2017) as well as the added conditions of the lessor. The full version is available here, and will be provided upon request.
The following deviating provisions apply:
Article 4 – Dissolution is in no case applicable and does not apply;
Article 8 – paragraph 5: Payment is made prior to the rental period;
Article 9 – paragraph 6: Rental item may not leave the island of Texel;
Article 14 – paragraphs 3 & 6: It is not permitted to carry out any repairs to the rented property without the permission of the lessor;
Summary of the main conditions and additional conditions:
- The tenant is liable for the rented property (in the case of groups the main tenant);
- Early return of the rented item does not entitle to a refund;
- The rented property may not leave the island of Texel;
- Payment is made prior to the rental period;
- The lessor reserves the right to confiscate the bicycle in the event of non-compliance with these rental conditions, without being entitled to a refund of the rental price;
- The rented item must be returned to the branch where it was rented;
- The landlord reserves the right to charge a deposit;
- The renter is obliged to take good care of the bicycle:
- The bicycle must be locked;
- The electric bicycle must be charged according to the instructions;
- The renter must handle the keys to the bicycle properly;
- The renter must confirm luggage correctly;
- The renter must ensure that the bicycle is not used by someone who is unable to do so.
- The rented property may not be used outside the designated roads and paths. (The bicycles may therefore NOT come onto the beach);
- It is not allowed to make any changes to the bicycle or to the rented property. Attaching your own bicycle trailer to the rented bicycle or vice versa attaching a rented bicycle trailer to your own bicycle is not permitted);
- It is prohibited to take people on the back (except in child seats rented from the lessor);
- The tenant is obliged to report damage and/or loss to the landlord as soon as possible;
- The deductible amounts to a maximum of € 150 per bicycle and € 300 per electric bicycle, provided the rental conditions have been observed (12.1). This deductible cannot be bought off;
- It is not permitted to carry out any repairs to the rented property without the permission of the landlord;Garantie dekking
- The tenant can take out warranty coverage with the landlord for each rented object. If the tenant has taken out warranty coverage with the landlord, the tenant for the object in question is:
a. no costs owed in the event of cancellation in the event of the death of relatives of the tenant or of persons for whom the rented object has been rented;
b. no costs due in the event of cancellation if the person for whom the object is rented has become ill prior to the rental period and will not use the rented object due to this illness;
c. no compensation owed in the event of damage (damage due to theft and loss is excluded) to the leased property, unless the damage is caused by improper use of the leased property;
d. no compensation is owed in the event of theft, if the tenant can show the key to the rented property and reports it to the municipality in which the theft took place.
All disputes that may arise from the rental agreements are exclusively governed by Dutch law. Furthermore, only the Dutch court has jurisdiction to take cognizance of these disputes.
If an agreement is canceled by the tenant, the landlord can charge the following cancellation costs:
- – in case of cancellation up to the 30th day (exclusive) before the day of rental: the down payment with a maximum of 10% of the rent;
- – in the event of cancellation from the 30th day (inclusive) to the 7th day (exclusive) before the day of rental: 30% of the rent;
- – in case of cancellation from the 7th day (inclusive) to the 3rd day (exclusive) before the day of rental: 50% of the rent;
- – in case of cancellation from the 3rd day (inclusive) to 1 day (exclusive) before the day of rental: 90% of the rent;
- – in case of cancellation from less than 1 day before the day of rental: the full rent.